Cerca del contenuto nelle bacheche

Louis Vann: Mississippi

Louis Vann: Mississippi

Inviato: 6 mar 2005 22.13 GMT
Classificazione: Domanda
Cognomi: Van(n); Warren
I am looking for information on the Louis(Lewis) Vann family of Mississippi. Louis was married to a Parthenia Unk. In the 1860 census they had the following children: Albertine, George W, Ledorah A, Isabella R, Josephine, Henry C (may be Floyd Henry Cary), Charley J. I haven't found them in the 1870 census but they had the following children after 1860: M James, Laura Annie, Thomas Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Viola, Joseph R, and Katie. In 1880 they were living in Pike County MS.
I am looking for a Dolly Van(n) who married a William Jefferson Warren. They were married in MS. I have found a record of a marriage of a L A Van to a W J Warren in Pike County. Could Dolly have been the nickname to either Ledorah A or Laura Annie. I know that some of Dolly's children were born in Magnolia, Pike County, MS before they moved to LA around 1888. Also, Dolly's children's names were Julia Ann, Louis A, Laura Belle, and Nettie. Daughter Julia even named a son George W. If anyone has any information to share, I would appreciate it.
Doris

Re: Louis Vann: Mississippi

Inviato: 18 ago 2012 19.59 GMT
Cognomi: Van
The message I read was really old and I hope you are still doing this. Floyd Henry Carey Van was my ggrandfather, Lewis(Louis) my GG. I recently found Laura Annie's grave in Port Gibson,MS and some relative of hers listed Lewis' surname as Vanbuskirk. This is the second time I have run into that name. He was from Renselaer County, NY, a shock to t his old southern woman. Parthenia, I believe, was a full blood Choctaw woman from Philadelphia, MS but I can find no proof of that except I took a DNA test and have native blood and I always knew we were part indian through my paternal grandmother.She always denied beng Indian and Catholic but was both. I hope you get this. I wold welcome any scrap of information you have

Inviato: 19 ago 2012 2.42 GMT
Cognomi: Vann
I did the research for my sister-in-law. We don't have any positive proof but believe the L A Van married to M J Jefferson was her gg grandmother.(known as Dolly). All I do know is story goes that sometime prior to 1900 she left her husband and children saying she was going home. We assume that was MS. They never heard from her again. She already had her oldest child when she married W J Jefferson.
Story was that some years later her brother came looking for her. But she wasn't there. No one remembered his name.
I thought about checking catholic birth records around 1880 but never knew which county they may have been living in at that time.

What year did Laurie Ann die?
Sorry I couldn't help you more.
Please let me hear from you if you discover anything new.

Doris Wilson hawilson@gt.rr.com

Inviato: 19 ago 2012 14.43 GMT
Thank you so much. Laura Annie Van was born in Pike County, MS Aug 29, 1865. Dies May 17, 1926 in Port Gibson,Claiborne Co, MS. This is my hometown.
She married Winfield Scott Beard,year unknown. I will continue to check on her. She was 1 of about 11 including a set of twins. I see twins in the Van Buskirks also.I will certainly send you everything I find. Again, thank you. Don't you love a mystery like this?

Inviato: 19 ago 2012 18.09 GMT
Do you have any information on her sister Ledorah Ann. She may be the L A Vann that married W J Warren.

Thanks
Doris
per pagina

Trova una bacheca su un argomento specifico

© 2007-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookieTermini e CondizioniGestito da Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.